• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Naval Boarding Party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockstar

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Ok,
NBP is a secondary trade. 
Does this mean that you perform at your primary trade until there is a reason to assemble the ships NBP?
Are there any branches of NBP that are a full time trade?
 

navymich

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Rockstar said:
Ok,
NBP is a secondary trade. 
Does this mean that you perform at your primary trade until there is a reason to assemble the ships NBP?
Are there any branches of NBP that are a full time trade?

Depends upon the situation the ship is in as to whether you are pulled out of your trade during a certain trip or evolution, or you only assemble with the NBP as required.

No, there are no "branches" that are full time.  The NBP is made up of many, if not all, of the different trades that are on a ship.

Search for NBP or Naval Boarding Party and you will find lots more information.

BTW, if you are already posted to a ship, these are questions you should be asking the team on the ship, or through your divisional chain.  If you are not yet trained/qualified/posted, get through all of that first.  It takes time in and qualifications to be on the team.
 

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
4
Points
410
Why are you starting a new thread with a statement from another source?

If you have been reading this site you would know the answers to these questions




LOCKED
 

Salt

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Sorry for derailing a bit, but I have a quick question.

I'm applying for bosun, and am extremely interested in this new ANBP. It's a definite goal of mine to be selected and try and make it on. Based on what I've been told, I'm expecting (hoping?) to start BMQ by January, or April at the latest. Does anyone have any idea how the timeline would go as far as going from BMQ to having a realistic chance of being selected for the Advanced Naval Boarding Party, or might it still be too early to tell? Would I have to have completed my NETP and BOQT to even have a chance of being eligible/noticed?

Thanks in advance.

- mod edit to clean up thread title -
 

TCM621

Sr. Member
Subscriber
Reaction score
189
Points
430
Salt said:
Sorry for derailing a bit, but I have a quick question.

I'm applying for bosun, and am extremely interested in this new ANBP. It's a definite goal of mine to be selected and try and make it on. Based on what I've been told, I'm expecting (hoping?) to start BMQ by January, or April at the latest. Does anyone have any idea how the timeline would go as far as going from BMQ to having a realistic chance of being selected for the Advanced Naval Boarding Party, or might it still be too early to tell? Would I have to have completed my NETP and BOQT to even have a chance of being eligible/noticed?

Thanks in advance.
At least ql5 qualified before you can do this would be my best guesd. So expect 2 years after you get to the fleet. Probably 4 years all told depending on coursing.
 

darkskye

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
110
I would check with your BPSO for info regarding ANBP recruiting. There was a solicitation message for the East Coast sent out not too long ago.
 

MARS

Sr. Member
Mentor
Reaction score
111
Points
630
Apply!  Now!

I just received an email this morning that the East Coast cannot meet our requirements.  It was a hastener to re-canvass any interested people.

The email specifically said:

RegF: Sea Element/Navy MOS
ResF:  All NAV RES occupations

NCMs:  LS to MS
NCOs: PO2 – PO1

Officers: Lt(N) ATR

So put in your application.

 

Halifax Tar

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
1,757
Points
1,260
MARS said:
Apply!  Now!

I just received an email this morning that the East Coast cannot meet our requirements.  It was a hastener to re-canvass any interested people.

The email specifically said:

RegF: Sea Element/Navy MOS
ResF:  All NAV RES occupations

NCMs:  LS to MS
NCOs: PO2 – PO1

Officers: Lt(N) ATR

So put in your application.

Interesting.  I am posted back to Halifax this summer.  Is there a "detachment" in Halifax or will they all be out of Esquimalt ?
 

MARS

Sr. Member
Mentor
Reaction score
111
Points
630
JJT,

The next Asessment Centre is from 8-15 Jun 15.  Files are "due" to PCC(A) 1 April, so next Wednesday.  That being said, we haven't reached the minimum 30 files MARLANT is looking for to select the 16 candidates to tryout for the 11 spots, so maybe there will be some extensions for a short period.

They need folks to deploy with the next FFH end-Nov 15

Gimme a couple of hours and I will post the message here, but if you have DIN access, you are looking for: COMCANFLTPAC 122323Z Feb 15 (RCN Enhanced Naval Boarding Party Team 2 Solicitation)

Cheers,
 

runormal

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
MARS said:
Apply!  Now!

I just received an email this morning that the East Coast cannot meet our requirements.  It was a hastener to re-canvass any interested people.

The email specifically said:

RegF: Sea Element/Navy MOS
ResF:  All NAV RES occupations

NCMs:  LS to MS
NCOs: PO2 – PO1

Officers: Lt(N) ATR

So put in your application.

Sorry MARS I wasn't clear I'm currently in the army reserves as an ACISS trying to do a CT-OT to Reg-F NAV COMM.

If only I had off went Nav Res from the start :facepalm:.

 

NavyShooter

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
976
Points
990
I attended the brief in Jan, and took a few notes.

If people are interested, shoot me an e-mail on the DWAN on Monday and I can forward details that I passed to my department (unclas)

Happy to share the info. 

BROWNE PO1 BK@HMCS MONTREAL@HALIFAX

 

Blake Castelein

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
A quick question from the civvi side;
Do you have to be a bos'n to apply for ANBP? After I wrap up grade 12 I was thinking of going to the combat engineers (having troubles deciding between NCM or officer, the latter being what ma and pa want -_-) but the prospect of ANBP has really sparked my interest.
 

Pat in Halifax

Sr. Member
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Blake Castelein said:
A quick question from the civvi side;
Do you have to be a bos'n to apply for ANBP? After I wrap up grade 12 I was thinking of going to the combat engineers (having troubles deciding between NCM or officer, the latter being what ma and pa want -_-) but the prospect of ANBP has really sparked my interest.
Read about 4 posts back:
RegF: Sea Element/Navy MOS
ResF:  All NAV RES occupations

NCMs:  LS to MS
NCOs: PO2 – PO1

Officers: Lt(N) ATR
 

Pat in Halifax

Sr. Member
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
0
Points
0
All the interest here and around the Fleet but a bit of a downer regarding applicants. That said, for some reason, the process is a tad cumbersome with one electronic file to be submitted to one place and a hard copy to another. I am trying to 'hand' push a last minute applicant through right now and it is like herding (stuffed) cats!
 

blacktriangle

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
253
Points
880
Pat in Halifax said:
All the interest here and around the Fleet but a bit of a downer regarding applicants. That said, for some reason, the process is a tad cumbersome with one electronic file to be submitted to one place and a hard copy to another. I am trying to 'hand' push a last minute applicant through right now and it is like herding (stuffed) cats!

The process for applying to any type of special employment (CANSOF, HUMINT, CP etc) always seems to be cumbersome, sadly.

I would love to try the ANBP, but despite the fact that I can be deployed on ship, I am not navy.
 

mba2011

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Get Nautical said:
So will the regular Naval Boarding Party still exist or just the Advanced Naval Boarding Party?

There will be no change to the Naval Boarding Party on ships, they will continue to exsist as they do now. ENBP(Enhanced Naval Boarding Party) will be eventually tasked out onboard certain ships on certain deployments. Once the other ENBP team is trained, it will be posted to Halifax, one per coast.

 

The Bread Guy

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
1,857
Points
1,260
Belatedly spotted this:
In recent years, the Royal Canadian Navy (RCN) has been a little behind the times, but lately they have really been pushing to up their game. Since their recent discipline issues and ships malfunctioning at sea, the RCN has buckled down and begun upgrading their capabilities. Recent press releases have officially announced the awarding of contracts for upgrading the current RCN fleet, replacing the Sea King helicopters, acquiring amphibious assault vessels, and building the new joint-support ship. The RCN also announced in early 2014 the creation of the Maritime Tactical Operations Group (MTOG), which could bring about a huge increase in their boarding parties’ tactical capabilities.

The Canadian Navy’s standard boarding parties have proven their worth in the past. Of note, the HMCS Toronto made a record drug bust of 280 kg of heroin during interdiction operations in the Indian Ocean in January of 2014. During the operation, the HMCS Toronto was part of an international task force that recovered a total of 538 kg of heroin. The Navy boarding parties were effective at conducting searches and detaining prisoners. The new MTOG boarding parties are trained to maintain those skills while expanding their abilities to react to threats. The purpose of the MTOG position is to “increase agility, flexibility, and tactical expertise to confront and deter a variety of threats in high-risk operational environments.”[1] This training includes increased weapons and CQB training, and advanced IED/EOD training.

The MTOG is designed to increase the capabilities of RCN boarding parties and “to fill the gap between what our special forces can do and what we need to do on our own as a navy.”[2] The MTOG selection phase is a grueling five days during which candidates are “put through a rigorous physical and mental selection process.”[3] If a candidate is successful during MTOG selection, they will then be invited to attempt the Maritime Tactical Operators Course (MTOC). The MTOG’s first operator selection phase occurred in early 2014, followed by MTOC. The first MTOC class graduated in March of 2015 and resulted in 13 operators being qualified and forming the Enhanced Naval Boarding Party (ENBP) Team 1 ....
More from the Info-machine here.
 

Underway

Army.ca Veteran
Donor
Reaction score
2,298
Points
1,010
milnews.ca said:
Belatedly spotted this:More from the Info-machine here.

5 years ago I would have dropped everything to do this.  Very nice article and informative, both of them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top