• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Maritime Coastal Defence Vessels (MCDVs)

Spencer100

Reaction score
I think the document sounds like 3 flights but the change is technology insertion more than change of the basic ship to me. Like new nav, computers, radars etc.

But who knows the build is 20 years long. I just thought it was an idea. My main point is now a class of 25+ similar ships. That would help and keep the price down plus help with the orphan fleet problem. Companies willing to keep spares etc.

JMCanada

Reaction score
Has anyone found and detailed specs.
This report is dated 2019, but guess it may help. A brief toolbox description is included.

AirDet

Subscriber
Reaction score
This report is dated 2019, but guess it may help. A brief toolbox description is included.

I reaad that article too. She looks like an excellent candidate for the type of work the MCDV was originally intended for. There's still no raw specs so we'd be guessing if this platform could fulfill the evolved uses of the MCDV.

Czech_pivo

Reaction score
I reaad that article too. She looks like an excellent candidate for the type of work the MCDV was originally intended for. There's still no raw specs so we'd be guessing if this platform could fulfill the evolved uses of the MCDV.
The main gun is too big for us - sarcasm....

I mean is the Belgians/Dutch put a 40mm gun on a ship that is going to be used overwhelming in the English Channel and the North Sea approaches to the Baltic, then there is no reason why we shouldn't recycles the 57's on our new MCDV when the times comes.