• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mandatory Vaccination by November 15

hattrick72

Reaction score
Is the plan to do LWOP for those that are not vaccinated and if they are in the shacks they will be removed?

If this is the case, are we allowing members to go back to their place of enrollment on or before November 15th to start LWOP? Also, are we then providing a final move after changing their terms of employment?

Infanteer

Staff member
Directing Staff
Donor
Reaction score
The message from the CDS said a directive for uniformed members would be coming shortly. I'd wait for that.

McG

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
I find it odd that CAF health services deliver the vaccine to Reg F, but we will be using member self-reporting to track who has been immunized for meeting the federal employment obligation.

hattrick72

Reaction score
Have you asked your chain of command?
I'm currently at school and it won't affect me one way or the other. I'm just curious, what the plan is. If it is 4,000 members unvaccinated and our numbers are closer to 48k than 60k as alluded to in another thread, this seems like it may have a significant impact.

I have been waiting for the get vaccinated or get out Vs the we are ordering you to get the vaccine, refuse and go to Edmonton decision.

I also don't have a MM account and am waiting to see how I will be reporting on information they already have access to.

dangerboy

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
I find it odd that CAF health services deliver the vaccine to Reg F, but we will be using member self-reporting to track who has been immunized for meeting the federal employment obligation.
I thought that was very weird also. The only thing I could think of is that however Health Services tracks our shots that system does not easily talk to DWAN or that Health Services said it would be too hard to provide the info.

hattrick72

Reaction score
I thought that was very weird also. The only thing I could think of is that however Health Services tracks our shots that system does not easily talk to DWAN or that Health Services said it would be too hard to provide the info.
Maybe our health information is private and they have no right to it?

dangerboy

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
Maybe our health information is private and they have no right to it?
But according to the DWAN message that came out today we have to enter our vaccination status by 29 Oct 21 into Monitor Mass (with more direction to follow) so they are going to know that info.

Kilted

Reaction score
But according to the DWAN message that came out today we have to enter our vaccination status by 29 Oct 21 into Monitor Mass (with more direction to follow) so they are going to know that info.
So you're telling me I'm going to get kicked out of the military because no one ever updates my MM and I can't update my own (long story)?

hattrick72

Reaction score
Yes, that will be the member voluntarily giving up their information. Without this voluntary action they probably need to pass a law or request access for the information through a court so they don't violate hippa or its Canadian equivalent?

I find the whole situation fascinating.

My main concern is, are we going to look after those that made the choice to not get vaccinated? Also,going forward, what will this mean for people like me that are on the fence for getting a booster

SupersonicMax

Army.ca Veteran
Mentor
Reaction score
Yes, that will be the member voluntarily giving up their information. Without this voluntary action they probably need to pass a law or request access for the information through a court so they don't violate hippa or its Canadian equivalent?

I find the whole situation fascinating.

My main concern is, are we going to look after those that made the choice to not get vaccinated? Also,going forward, what will this mean for people like me that are on the fence for getting a booster
Look after?? They will be put on leave without pay and eventually released.

hattrick72

Reaction score
Look after?? They will be put on leave without pay and eventually released.
The least the organisation can do is pay to move them. Some members can sell their homes and utilise the equity to pay for rent and living expenses for a few years.

dangerboy

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
We have not seen what the finer details in the CAF direction are yet, so until it is released everyone is just guessing. It is too early to speculate about release procedures.

hattrick72

Reaction score
We have not seen what the finer details in the CAF direction are yet, so until it is released everyone is just guessing. It is too early to speculate about release procedures.
I agree. It must be coming in Tuesday because we are almost at the deadline as it is.

MJP

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Should the CAF pay to move someone who is released after refusing to deploy overseas because it's too dangerous?
Moot point, we do anyway for anything less release item 1 and even then under CBI 208.845 we will still move their family and their HG&E. If I was to wager a guess if we release ppl for no vaccination then it will be 5D or 5F which are honourable releases and all entitlements and benefits as if mbr reach end of TOS are granted.

QV

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
This seems like a good way to get around the 6 month release if one was so inclined.

MJP

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Depending on the release item. A 5f can really bone you.
It is an honourable release it has almost zero bearing on one's future. It is no different than getting fired from any other job in the grand scheme of things

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
Moot point, we do anyway for anything less release item 1 and even then under CBI 208.845 we will still move their family and their HG&E. If I was to wager a guess if we release ppl for no vaccination then it will be 5D or 5F which are honourable releases and all entitlements and benefits as if mbr reach end of TOS are granted.
Damn you're right.

MJP said:
It is an honourable release it has almost zero bearing on one's future. It is no different than getting fired from any other job in the grand scheme of things

Technically yes. When you punch in 5f release in google the second hit you get off Reddit says "5f is normally issued when you became an administrative burden for the CAF while 2a is issued for wrongful behavior or innapropriate conduct."

Other similar negative associations with 5f releases, might be enough for an employer to look elsewhere (not sure release items would really come up though)

Reactions: MJP