• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

1997, 1st Battalion Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry Freedom of the City, Calgary, Ab

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
I kept looking for myself - then I remembered at the last moment I didn't have to do it because apparently my Oakley chit was annoying people ;)

*seriously I got my eyes burned during the rehearsal using the CF issues sunglasses (I had gotten my retinas burned earlier with the CF and have had a light sensitivity ever since then) - and so the MO decided that he had enough and let me wear my Oakley's - which I already had a chit for - but he made it very clear that I wasn't to be told to remove them or use other eyewear just to make someone happy.
** in CSM Cromwell's defense I did have a chit for a lot of things, that he suspected I may have been gaming the uniform system.

What? That's outrageous...

dimsum

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
What? That's outrageous...
Are they the generic brand aviators that I have never seen anyone wearing?

I recall they tried to issue them to me; I pointed at my (prescription) glasses and said "no thanks".

KevinB

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
Are they the generic brand aviators that I have never seen anyone wearing?

I recall they tried to issue them to me; I pointed at my (prescription) glasses and said "no thanks".
yup - sloppy fit - looked like crap - didn't do F all for the sun etc.